Remembering Maggi Popkin

Rachel Sieder

I first met Maggi in El Salvador in 1993 and we kept in touch through work after that. I didn´t know her well, but what little I did know confirmed that she was a hugely generous person, enormously committed to what she did, and modest to a fault. Her work is quite brilliant and has been so important to advancing the rule of law and justice in the region. (In fact I´m writing this from Guatemala, where only this week someone was singing the praises of the last workshop on coordinating state law and indigenous law that Maggi organized here). She was always so helpful to students I sent her way, she really went the extra mile to help and I know they all appreciated that so much, as did I. It´s a terrible shock to hear this news about someone so young, and so valued by so many people. Maggi will be sorely missed. Please accept my condolescences for your loss.

Sincerely
Rachel Sieder
rachel.sieder@sas.ac.uk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home