Remembering Maggi Popkin

Andrea Stoutland

21 May 2005

Dear Popkin family,

Maggi and I knew each other in El Salvador from 1988 on, and in the intervening years friends told of her continuing work on behalf of justice long after she moved back to the States. She was admired for her unassuming dedication, her intelligence and compassionate devotion to people, human rights and justice, and I was lucky to know also her unfailing kindness.

My sincere condolences to you as you face her shocking unexpected departure from your lives. A particular embrace to Damian. I hope as you grow you will feel accompanied by the many people who respected and loved your mother, and part of her will live on in you. I reach out to you with deepest sympathy.

Sincerely,

Andrea Stoutland
Rome, Italy
astoutland@runbox.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home